Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Hobby!

Being between jobs right now and it's kinda annoying! The painting has slowed right done and I haven't heard back from the resumes that I put out in the fall. I have spent a lot of time fixing my resume and filling out job applications...for any job!

One good thing that has come from all this spare time is a new hobby; crocheting! I know, I know...it sounds a little bit old ladyish, make fun of my all you want, I'm loving it! I've almost completed my first scarf, a very long skinny one; my typical fashion! I am just starting to learn news stitches and am able to understand the patterns. I even joined a site that shares patterns and tips, thanks to a friend of mine having the same interest (of course, she's a little more talented than I am).

I was hoping to get really good at this because I like the idea of making people gifts and making baby clothes for my friends children. And of course making my own kick-ass clothes and accessories! So, here's to my unemployment hobby...maybe I'll make enough stuff to supplement and income! lol

(I hope I get a job soon though, yarn costs money!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment