Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Good Life here in Huntsville!

Well, it has been awhile since I've posted anything and I figured I should get back to blogging seeing life has been interesting!

I'm working for a great painting and wood finishing company called Room By Room, Nathan and I are starting a new business venture, and we have both be fixing up the house.

The business venture is called Muskoka Fire Bowls (www.muskokafirebowls.com). Curious are you? Well, these are 42 inch steel bowls that we are custom cutting designs into. We are able to do a variety of designs and anything the customer desires. We are also looking into working with some landscape designers and store owners, so...if you know anyone or want one yourself, let us know! I'll be sure to post pictures but a visit to the website is a great idea!

The house is coming along really well! We have a great little place at the end of a quiet road with ten acres behind us to roam (those acres also attach to about another hundred, which is great for us!). Nathan has hooked up the solar panel, fixed up the basement and various plumbing issues, adding some cosmetic touches while I have painted and decorated. We are living a very happy, quiet life up here and I'm very happy that I made this move.

I may start looking for a job in the medical field but haven't committed to that totally yet. The company I'm working for has been great with some issues I've had with my Crohn's and most recently another kidney stone, so it's a hard thing to walk away from. Plus, the pay is pretty good! :)

I am on Remicade, and infusion medication, for my Crohn's that really seems to be helping (thank goodness!). My health has stabilized so well that Nathan and I are taking a vacation for our 1 year anniversary in October! We're going Kiteboarding in North Carolina for a week...did I mention that Nathan's awesome at Kiteboarding!? Me...not so much, but I'm trying! lol

So that should cover the past few months, I'll be sure to update on the Fire Bowls and the Kiteboarding adventure very soon!

Glad you've checked in and haven't given up on me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment