Thursday, May 13, 2010

Working Vacation!

So here I am, in Huntsville doing a paint job with the company I work with. We're staying up here, by we I mean myself and 3 forty year old dudes that I work with, they're my brother-friends (meaning we are almost like family but we're friends, and they treat me like their little sister!).

I've been up here for only 2 days so far, and suppose to be here until the 27th where I'm leaving for 3 days to attend a wedding (oh joy, so excited...sarcasm is dripping from me as I type). Of course, that depends on the weather, which is crucial when painting exteriors of 24 townhouses. If rain is the case, I still think I might stay up here! I left Barrie with not such a great experience from a friend of mine being shitty and I like being away from her drama.

It's not so bad up here. We have a great "cottage" that we're staying in. It's barely livable with it's 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, granite kitchen, fireplace, BBQ and porch, but we're somehow making the most of it. I've adjusted to getting up at 6 in the morning and going to bed at 9:30, which I'm sure is something I haven't done since I was a kid!

We've all got our morning and nightly rituals figured out so we're not stepping on each others toes, and having a couple buds to have after-work beers with doesn't hurt. What does hurt though is my back and these bruises that keep on appearing out of nowhere! Ah well, such is life being a painter, I think school started to make me too soft!

I'm taking this "vacation" from Barrie as a personal break from some things...things that I need to figure out, probably before I go back too. I'm sure at some point I'm going to think about these things, but for now...I'm enjoying just working and not thinking about anything other than what's for dinner!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment