Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kidney Stone = Worst Pain Ever!!!!

So yesterday morning I had a sudden....let's call it an attack....that had me almost doubled over in pain and resulting in me throwing up my granola.

I am not a puker and I can handle a lot of pain, so this threw my for a loop. Did I mention I was in the work truck on the the way to Hunstville too? Ya, that was awesome. I had to work all day in the heat and I wasn't feeling great. I ended up rallying throughout the day and felt better when I got home. Then....it hit again, and even worse!!! I ended up going to the hospital at 10 after only being in pain, intense pain, for half an hour.

Thank goodness that I had a great triage nurse, Shelly, though...she got me into emerge right away! Within 15 minutes I had a bladder scan, blood taken and was waiting for a doctor. Even though it only took about an hour for the doctor, I was in soooo much pain that I threw up again! Awesome, wicked, lots of fun! Once he saw me though, he did something wonderful...ordered me up an IV for morphine and some other pain killer that started with a 'T'! Pain was virtually gone, I was happy and on to the CT room! That was kinda neat too.

It took a couple more morphine uppages waiting for the results. I have a 2mm stone in my left kidney, no obstruction and it's moved downwards. Wicked, now I have to self-medicate until it passes! I was home, tucked in bed and a little loopy at 4:30 a.m. And I'm still kinda loopy cause of T3's!

So this means no rugby this weekend, kinda sucks!!! I just home I'm not prone to kidney stones because I can't handle that pain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment