Saturday, October 9, 2010

Found My Cause!

I have had one of those days where everything seems to fall into place, even though you weren't expecting anything to happen at all. The past two evenings I have gone over to Cunningham's to help her put together a display board for a wellness fair that she was asked to be a part of today at Wood's Park Care Centre. I went back this morning to put it all together and then we were off to the fair to set it all up. (Side note: I am very proud of Mandy, she's done such a good job with getting her massage business going and is going to be very successful!)

While I was there, and after I was able to stop playing with the therapy dogs, I looked around a little bit. The vendor that stood out was the CCFC, the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada; I got a little excited about this! Finally, I was able to talk to people face-to-face about Crohn's and they would understand what I was talking about. Steven and Shawn were the two guys representing the CCFC, Shawn has Crohn's and has gone through three surgeries to get better...we high-fived to our situations with Crohn's. I totally appreciate my friends and family who are there for me when I'm not feeling well and who listen to my issues but, there is something that is instantaneously bonding when you meet another person with the illness you have.

I've decided to start attending the CCFC meetings and begin volunteering for them also. The first meeting I'm going to is the 14th in preparation for the next M & M Meat Shops fundraising BBQ. I'm excited to meet other people who have Crohn's and to be proactive about my situation. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very positive thing, which is exactly what I've been striving for...something to apply myself too and educate others on an issue. I'm hoping to benefit from this in many different ways; to help my treatment, meet new people, volunteer and fund raise for something important to me and to create awareness of a serious problem.

Oh, the other things that happened; I went to the costume store, almost settled on an expensive one, and found a Betty Boop costume and wig for only $15, I got a couple emails that made me smile and was able to find a pair of work boots that I've been wanting. Ahhh, I must've done something right for karma to offer me such a good day. Plus, it was just an awesome fall day! How could it go bad!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment