Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mom & Daughter Outing in the Search of Apples.

Saturday my mom and I were heading out of town for a little apple adventure to Meaford. I've never been to the Meaford Apple Harvest Craft Show, my mom has several times, and I am always up for a little brainstorming session for my personal art.

We took to scenic route through Duntroon and Nottawa hitting up Redpath's to get the best Honeycrisp apples I've ever had and The Morrison's for squash from their honour system wagons, I love small towns!

After getting stuck in some major road construction traffic for about half an hour, we finally made it to Meaford. We didn't buy anything at the craft show, but I did score a bunch of soapstone scrap that I've got some great ideas for. We also walked away with some other ideas, as the saying goes "nothing in art is original, it's just changed". I think I'm going to be busting out my oxy/acetylene torch for some steel art work and I have a couple ideas for some copper sculptures!

On the way back we decided to take a detour, to avoid the menacing construction, heading down Country Rd. 7 to the 119th. Of course, we had to stop at Farmer's Pantry to visit the miniature donkeys...if you knew my mom or myself, you'd understand that we have a little obsession with donkeys, they're so frickin' cute! (This is where I was planning on putting a photo I took of one of the donkey's, but I can't figure out how the hell to get the thing to work!)
We continued on to the 119th towards the Blue Mountains where we stopped at the top to scan all of Collingwood. Out of all the years I've lived in this area, even when I lived in Stayner, I've never been to the top of the Mountains until Saturday. It was an amazing view! My mom and I were hoping that the fall colours would've been a little better, but it was still a great view. (Again, this is where I'd have another photo!)
We took a walk through The Village before we decided to head back in town to make sure dad would get his dinner in time! :) I love doing things with my mom and being able to show her all the back roads and the places I've painted was pretty cool. If only I could get the photo's on here, I could show you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment