Thursday, September 23, 2010

Making Progress with Treatment Options!!!

So, my excessive research seems to be paying off! I've found more natural treatments that may actually be able to benefit the maintenance of my Crohn's.

I've created a list of all the supplements I've found so far and included all of the research notes that I've gathered on each, respectively. Now I have some ammunition when my gastroenterologist tries to push pharmaceuticals on me. I can come back at him and ask why these natural ones won't work. I'm hoping to be educated enough on as many different ones so I sway him into a natural treatment path.

Some of the supplements I found include:
- hemp seed oil
- aloe vera juice (which I am currently taking 2 oz daily of)
- goldenseal (which may be the next thing to try)
- flax seed oil
- licorice root
- ginger root
- lactobacillus acidophilus
- oil of oregano

I'm hoping that a combination of some of the above, diet and exercise with improve my Crohn's symptoms and lessen my flare-ups.

Fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment