Friday, September 24, 2010

Out with the Negative, In with the Positive!

As I've been on this search to improve my Crohn's, I've also decided that I need a huge attitude adjustment! It's not that I'm a downer and always thinking of the worst, I've always considered myself prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. Not exactly the best attitude to overcome things!

My eyes have been opened to the concept of focusing and constantly being diligent about concentrating on positivity. I've begun to research articles about the techniques used in visualization and getting in touch with my inner energy. One article I read said it may take up to 6 weeks of dedicated visualizing to see results! But, as with anything, it will all pay off in the end.

I've also bought a new book that teaches the techniques of something called Quantum Touch. It's considered a type of meditation, as I've understood it, and teaches you to pull the energy from your body to your hands where a 'vibrating' will occur. Once this sensation is accomplished, you place your hands on various points on your body to heal ailments and illnesses while focusing on positivity.

The other technique is energy tapping. This uses the combination of a personal positive mantra and tapping on pressure points to turn negative energy into good. It's similar to Reiki.

I am reading the Quantum Touch book right now and learning how to control my breathing and energy throughout my body. Now I realize this won't happen overnight, but baby steps is what I'm going for here! The more I can tap into my personal energy and use the focus and visualization techniques, the more I can control the connection between my mind and body and really engage and benefit from a positive attitude.

Wow, kind of exciting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment