Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's ironic how things work out in the end.

So, I'm back from the best trip possible to turn thirty! South Beach, Everglades, Key Largo and a cruise to Bahamas with 3 awesome friends...well so I thought.

Everything was great during the whole trip. I thought I was having that revelation moment I mentioned in a prior blog on the first day of the cruise, the 27th of August, my birthday. I was surrounded by 3 awesome friends and having a great day around the pool followed by a wonderful dinner. As the cruise went on I thought, as did 2 of the other people, that things were rocking and all was well. Then everything came to fruition on the last night. I'm not going to get into specifics to save face and have the remaining respect for the person that is left. But shit went down, I have now parted ways with a good friend and am left with a void in my life. I'm not sure if things are going to come full circle and apologies offered. If they don't, I know where I stand.

I am a strong, independent, thirty-year-old women and things are meant to happen for a reason. I think I may see what that reason is, and if I haven't seen it yet, I'm sure I'll see it soon.

If all else fails, I came away from the trip with another friend that I know for sure will be a friend for life! Things happen for a reason whether we like it or not. It's how we deal with it and learn from it that matters. So this experience will only make me an even better person and help me strive for what I want and to continue on the path I am, which is the path I know is right for me!

And in the end, I had an amazing trip and still got to enjoy my 30th birthday with that friend before we parted ways. I will not let any of those issues taint my milestone birthday. I will remember all of the good times and only those!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment